Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sprinkling a bit of happiness


I am so very excited to have Melissa on my blog today!
She's going to tell you about herself in a minute so I'm not going to or her post would have little effect ;)

But let's just say you won't leave her blog without being hungry, or itching to make something cute! I LOVE this idea and wish I had the room in our kitchen to do it.
Definitely something I will be doing once I have my own place ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

Hola all of Meghan's wonderful readers! I'm Melissa and I blog over at 20 Going on 80. I am so excited to be hijacking Meghan's blog today to share with you a little craft project!
As my blog name suggests, I’m a twenty something who often gets told she’s a grandma. (It’s also self admitted, so don’t feel bad for me. Ha!) On my blog, you will find my favorite recipes, diy project ideas, free printables, design inspiration, my favorite outfits, a few other random things. Like, how I am a kitchen gadget hoarder. You know, the usual life of a college student. Oh wait...
This is me on a good day. Don't let that photo of me frolicking in a field of flowers fool you. The other 75% of the time, I'm in gym shorts and a tank top.
Since I know how much Meghan loves to thrift, I thought this next little makeover would be fun to share with all of you!
One of my biggest kitchen obsessions is my sprinkle collection. Yup, that's right. I am a certified sprinkle collector.  So when I came across this spice rack at Goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  And that was to turn this old school wooden spice rack into a sprinkle displayer.  Best part?  I only paid $5 for it!
And...Here it is after its little makeover!
(Just added a few coats of white spray paint and some labels I designed and printed out!)
It's been a great way to store all my sprinkles without having them overflowing in my cabinet!
Note: This isn't even all my sprinkles...there's more hiding back home :)
Thank you to Meghan for having me today! I hope you all enjoyed this little project! I'm off to get some baking done, where I just might have to put this collection to use :)
You can find more tutorials, recipes, and printables over at my blog!
 

2 comments:

Design Eat Repeat said...

Thanks so much for having me! :)

Danielle said...

What a great post! Melissa is fabulous and I too am a sprinkle lover! It turns any cupcake from ordinary to extra-ordinary!!