Thursday, May 10, 2012

Money Hungry

I seriously think that people are just money hungry these days!

If you follow me on twitter, 
you know a couple days ago I got a bill from the school I withdrew from.
A bill.
And I was specifically told I was in the clear with them, no money owed.
 Almost 2 months ago at that!

I am beyond upset and angry.
I don't have $880 to shell out!
I paid them Almost 30 grand for the crappy education I got.


Okay enough ranting, 
I love the school, I really do.
It's just a lot of people at the school.
And the amount of money they are constantly trying to get from you.

I'm unsure where I am going this fall.
Ohio State?
I want to be there.
I love the small campus(it's a branch).
I would love living away from home again.
But I can't get ahold of anyone in housing.
I don't want to live without Dustin, again.

Or a small Tech School here to finish my Gen Eds?
It's right next to my mom's work.
It's cheap as crap!
I can stay at home.
I can work again!

What do you think?

 Even after all the discouragement and troubles I've gone through since High School,
I still want to go to college. I still want to be a teach.

And I just got an awesome opportunity,
and some hope for people in this world that aren't money hungry.

They contacted me to write this post, but even if they hadn't, I would probably still be writing this.

They are dirt cheap.
And I mean that!


Psychology, David G. Myers, 1429215976 

I had to use this Psychology book last semester.
Our bookstore only offered it to us brand new and I paid...
$160!
Well they have it for $20 a semester!

How ridiculous was my bookstore?
I will never be getting books anywhere else again!

And as if that is not good enough, 
they also partner with..
http://www.operationsmile.org/img/living-proof/patient-stories/maria-before-and-after-241.jpg 

Since partnering with them, they have donated over 1,000 life changing surgeries!
Are they not the best company ever?
I sure think so!

4 comments:

Jess said...

I love this company and what they do :)
It's so awesome that they don't rip people off AND still manage to give back! Boo to being money hungry!

Happy Thursday, girl!
xo

Unknown said...

I hear ya... College costs money. And the more they can squeeze out of you the better! I did my undergrad and grad program all at one place... It still cost a whole lot!

chantilly said...

don't even get me started on colleges and how they rip people off... i wonder, do you have the name of the person/ people that told you that you owe nothing more? sometimes it takes a lot of annoying calling around to get things straightened out, but it can be done.

Katie said...

Oh man I so know how you feel! College is so expensive! I ended up transferring from a four year school to a tech school for my generals. I save a ton of money. I also did the textbook rental thing. I literally saved thousands of dollars!